Besan Ki Sabji
This "Besan ki sabji" is traditionally made in Bihar, Eastern Uttar Pradesh, and Jharkhand. It taste like fish curry so sometimes it is called "besan ki machhli."
* Gram Flour (besan)-1 cup
* Mustard seed -1/2 tbs paste
* Cumin seed powder-1/2 tea spoon
* Coriander powder-1 tea spoon
* Turmeric powder-1/2 tea spoon
* Red chili powder-to taste
* Mustard oil -3 table spoon
* Tomato- 2 chopped
* Coriander leaves- 1 table spoon chopped
* Fenugreek seed-1/3 tea spoon
* Garlic paste-1 and1/2tbs
* Salt to taste
* Green chilly -1 chopped
1. Take gram flour in a bowl add salt, pinch of turmeric powder, green chilly and 1/2 tbs of garlic paste mix well and make medium consistency batter with adding water.
2. Heat frying pan or tawa (nonstick would be better) spread a little oil on it.
3. Pour about 2 tbs of batter spread evenly to make like pancake.
4. When one side is done ,fold it into three layers and cut it into 3 or 4 pieces, cook for a while then remove from the tawa. Repeat this to make all.
5. Grind together, mustard paste, cumin seed, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garlic and make a smooth paste.
6. Heat oil in kadahi add fenugreek seed when crackling begins add ground masala, tomatoes,and salt and fry till oil separates from it.
7. Pour enough water ( 2 and 1/2 cup)and allow the gravy to boil.
8. Gently put pieces on it, boil for a second, then remove and garnish with and chopped coriander leaves serve hot with plain rice.
These besan pieces can be use with any kind of gravy.