keema kaleji is originally Awadhi side dish but popular among bhojpuries also. Keema kaleji prepared from keema (mutton) liver cooked with onions and Indian spices).
* Minced (lamb)mutton-250g.
* lamb liver-250 cut into small pieces
* Onions-4 medium-sized chopped
* Garlic -10 clove
* Ginger -1''
* Cumin seeds-1 tsp
* Coriander powder-2 tbs
* Black pepper-1 tsp
* Black cardamom-2
* Small cardamom-4
* Cloves-3 to 4
* Sahjeera(caraway seed)-1/2tsp
* Red chilly powder-to taste
* Turmeric powder-1tsp
* Salt to taste
* Tomatoes-2 chopped fine
* Bay leaf-2
* Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
* Desi ghee-1tsp for garnish
* Cooking oil-2 and 1/2 tbs
* For masala paste grind ginger,garlic,black pepper,cumin seed,Cinnamon,cardamoms,cloves,with water in a grinder,add coriander powder,turmeric powder,red chilly powder with little water to make smooth paste.
* In a bowl mix minced mutton ,liver,curd salt,half of chopped onion,and masala.mix well and keep for merinating
* mean while heat the cooking oil in a cooker, on medium heat.
* Add the caraway seeds(sahjeera) and bay leaf fry and. add the rest of chopped onions now. Fry till they turn golden colour.
* Add marinated keema fry for 1 minute then add chopped tomatoes.
* Cover the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes(around 1 whistle)Then remove from fire
* When it cool open the lid and fry till oil seperates and Continue to brown the minced meat, stirring often to prevent burning. This should take about 5-7 minutes
* Garnish with desi ghee and chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot chapatis or parathas.
If u want keema kaleji with gravy then add 1 cup of water and cook covered for 2 or 3 minutes in low flame.